Last year, Facebook went public and brought in record profits exceeding $1.1 billion. And yet, not only will the ubiquitous social network not be paying any taxes, it will be getting a huge tax break.
According to Bloomberg Businessweek, Facebook reported earning $1.1 billion in profit throughout 2012, but after some nifty accounting, it will not be paying a cent in either state or federal taxes. Instead, the federal government will provide Facebook with a $429 million tax refund. How does that work exactly?
Thanks to creative use of a tax deductibility on stock options, the government will be paying Facebook just shy of half a million as a refund on taxes paid in 2010 and 2011. Full story IBTimes
- App intended to alert users when Facebook ‘friends’ are nearby
- It will also help the social network target localised adverts
- Privacy campaigners warn it is ‘profit trumping privacy’
Facebook is developing a new smartphone app to track the location of users in an effort to target them with localised adverts, according to reports.
The app will help users to find friends who are nearby, alert them when it detects one in close proximity even when the app is not open on the handset, it is claimed.
It will be just one of a whole suite of mobile apps Facebook is building up to help it profit from the increasing proportion of its users who access the social network on the go.
But privacy campaigners warned it was another example of ‘profit trumping privacy’ and called the function ‘intrusive’. Read more Daily Mail
Raw story – More than half of US Facebook members have taken breaks from the leading social network, with the top reason being they are just too busy, according to a study released Tuesday.
About 61 percent of US users said they had taken time off from Facebook at some point, with 27 percent planning to spend less time on it in the coming year, the Pew Research Center said.
The largest group — 21 percent — said they had taken a break because they were too busy. Other reasons included being “tired of stupid comments,” “crazy” friends, boredom, and having it cause love life problems….More
World Chaos Recent Posts
- Toxic Arsenic Found in 90% of Chicken Meat May 22, 2013
- Asteroid 9 Times size of Ocean Liner Approaches Earth May 22, 2013
- Shocking: 12 Year-Old Kid Exposes Criminal Banking System On TV May 22, 2013
- Worst case EMP scenario? Half in U.S. dead May 22, 2013
- Scientists Are Now Making Human-Animal Hybrids (Again) May 22, 2013
- Syria And Israel Trade Gunfire In Golan May 22, 2013
- 11 Governments Meet in Peru to Figure Out How They Can Control the Internet May 22, 2013
- Nibiru Visible In The Sky May 2013 May 22, 2013
- Tornado Destroying central Oklahoma, Kansas – raw video: May 19, 2013 May 22, 2013
- Sinkhole claims five people May 22, 2013
- Oklahoma Tornado in Photo’s May 22, 2013
- 83 Photos Of The Jaw-Dropping Destruction In Oklahoma May 22, 2013
- Oklahoma Tornado May 22, 2013
- Residents Comb Through Debris as Search for Okla. Survivors Nears End May 22, 2013
- Monsanto Has Been Removed And Banned By: Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Madeira, New Zealand, Peru, South Australia, Russia, France, and Switzerland! May 22, 2013
- Robot Soldiers Being Developed By China May 21, 2013
- US GOVERNMENT CLAIMS 100% OWNERSHIP OVER ALL YOUR DNA AND REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS; GENETIC SLAVERY IS ALREADY HERE May 21, 2013
- Scientists Officially Link Processed Foods To Autoimmune Disease May 21, 2013
- Nazi Flag Adorned With Swastika Spotted Flying Over Palestinian Town May 21, 2013
- Children among the at least 51 dead after massive twister strikes near Oklahoma City May 21, 2013
- Russia Building Up Missile Defences While Seeking To Limit U.S Defences May 16, 2013
- Panic grips Saudis as toll rises from SARS-like virus May 16, 2013
- Terror Group: Rocket Fire on the Golan Not an Accident May 16, 2013
- Obama and Erdogan meet as Syrian war rages May 16, 2013
- US Dollar Collapse and Japan’s Sham Currency War: The Hidden Agenda Behind Japan’s Kamikaze Quantitative Easing May 16, 2013
- 88,680 hits