- App intended to alert users when Facebook ‘friends’ are nearby
- It will also help the social network target localised adverts
- Privacy campaigners warn it is ‘profit trumping privacy’
Facebook is developing a new smartphone app to track the location of users in an effort to target them with localised adverts, according to reports.
The app will help users to find friends who are nearby, alert them when it detects one in close proximity even when the app is not open on the handset, it is claimed.
It will be just one of a whole suite of mobile apps Facebook is building up to help it profit from the increasing proportion of its users who access the social network on the go.
But privacy campaigners warned it was another example of ‘profit trumping privacy’ and called the function ‘intrusive’. Read more Daily Mail
World Chaos Recent Posts
- Mysterious monster-like creature spotted in Oklahoma June 19, 2013
- Saturn Forms Cosmic Triangle with Stars This Week June 19, 2013
- Huge Mexican volcano eruption hurls burning ash into the sky (VIDEO) June 19, 2013
- Swiss parliament halts US tax deal following CIA espionage claims June 19, 2013
- U.S. Channeling Chemical Weapons to Al Qaeda in Syria !! June 19, 2013
- 108,148 hits
- Mysterious monster-like creature spotted in Oklahoma Tembisa
- Saturn Forms Cosmic Triangle with Stars This Week Tembisa
- Huge Mexican volcano eruption hurls burning ash into the sky (VIDEO) Tembisa
- Swiss parliament halts US tax deal following CIA espionage claims Tembisa
- U.S. Channeling Chemical Weapons to Al Qaeda in Syria !! Tembisa
- Inside Bilderberg: Clues left in the Grove Hotel reveal another piece to their financial agenda Tembisa
- Rowhani’s past actions speak louder than today’s soft words, experts say Tembisa
- Who has more access to your data than the Government? Megacorps- the Heart of the Beast revealed. Tembisa
- US Supreme Court Votes to Allow Voter Fraud Tembisa
- Atheists Want Hospitals — Not Churches Tembisa